World Vitiligo Day Featured on WJBK Fox 2 News out of Michigan
This past weekend, WJBK Fox 2 News featured World Vitiligo Day as a weekend segment in honor of the worldwide celebration on Sunday, June 25.
The segment was hosted by Lee Thomas, the channel’s entertainment reporter, who has been living with vitiligo for many years. Although Lee regularly wears makeup on TV, he appeared without his makeup for this special segment in which he interviewed Lori Glenn Harris, a school teacher; Dr. John Harris, a dermatologist at the University of Massachusetts Medical School; and Dr. Iltefat Hamzavi, a dermatologist at Henry Ford Hospital in Michigan.
See what these leaders in the vitiligo community had to say about World Vitiligo Day and the state of vitiligo today:
Erika Page is a writer and blogger with universal vitiligo. Her first spots appeared on her spine when she was seven years old and today vitiligo covers her entire body. Based just south of Washington, D.C., Erika founded Living Dappled to create a community of inspiration and hope for girls and women living with vitiligo.
- What It’s Like to Raise a Girl with Vitiligo, From a Mom Who Knows on
- An Open Letter to the Friends of Girls with Vitiligo on Summer Living on
- Texas College Student Organizing “Step Up for Vitiligo” Gala on
- I Found Out I Had Vitiligo… Two Months After My Son on
- The Wake-Up Call That Triggered One Woman with Vitiligo to Go Makeup-Free on